Learning new things

Friday, April 07, 2006

The UNHCR in Africa

I think UNHCR, is an important organisation to have in the world. Since I am a South African I did not know much about refugees. I’m saying this organisation is important, because it has helped number of refugees that flee their countries for different reasons, such as war, religion and cultural reasons. This makes me to be proud of being a South African. Although we experienced apartheid before 1994, South African political leaders managed to bring peace and democracy without going to war.

In this session I have learned that in most African countries, ordinary citizens are the one who are mostly affected by political change. Where there is no protection for human rights. It is sad when these people are treated with disrespect in the countries where they seek a place to live or to hide.

We need more organisations such as UNHRC in Africa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home